Welcome to newsletter 16.
HM Customs have changed their attitude toward temporary goods import for VAT purposes so until the situation gets clarified I will not be able to go to UK shows, thus I will not be at STAMPEX in London later this month.
There is news to report-
- Guyana Provisionals-The End of Era. Guyana raised their postal rate for the first time since 2001 from $20 to $80 (from US 10c to 40c). They have plenty of $80 stamps so the need to revalue has stopped. Click here for the new rates.
- We are also in process of visually simplifying the website, perhaps you will notice the difference.
In organizing stock, there are often items that defy a single category. So, we thought to illustrate here some items that fall into this grey area.
Items highlighted this month are:
- Kiribati commercial mail with manuscript date stamp
- PNG Boroko missent
- Russia to St. Helena missent to Kenya
- GB short paid to New Zealand
- Fiji provisional usage
- Australian First Day Covers. We have acquired some uncommon designs
We have also added interesting items to the "Studies and Articles" section at the bottom left column of this newsletter.
Please enjoy, critique, and comment as always, I enjoy it.